Weekly Run-Down: 11/24/08-11/30/08December 1, 2008 at 10:34 am | Posted in Training Method, Weekly Run Down | 2 Comments
Time Spent Running: 4 hours 15 minutes
Estimated Total Mileage: 32.86 miles
Time Spent on Elliptical: 50 minutes
Strength Training: 1X (No gym access while in Michigan)
Reward Money: $534.54
Time Spent Exercising Patience: Approximately 98 hours, and that’s not including my elliptical workout on Tuesday.
I think I tapered enough this week. It’s hard to tell because I switched my off day from Monday to Sunday, thus messing up the mileage count a little. I was supposed to get more protein and Vitamin C this week, but unfortunately I probably got less protein than usual. Most of my meals with my grandparents were vegetarian, and while it’s very possible to get enough protein on a vegetarian diet, they don’t seem very concerned with doing so. Oh well, my muscles feel like they are repairing well anyway.
The Taper: Week 2
- My total mileage will be half to 2/3 that of my highest mileage week.
- Running will be mostly slow. (Messed this one up already. Ha.)
- My long run will be 8-10 miles.
- This will be my last week of weight lifting.
- Mileage will be going down, but calories should remain the same.
- Eat foods high in unsaturated fats to serve as backup energy when carbs become depleted during race.